Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Julep Gayle and Some Stampin'!

Hello my little schmoopie-woopies! Can you tell I'm goofy today? If you can't it's because you're a weirdo like me - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
 
It seems like I always have to apologize for something in my manis and this one is no different. The top coat I was using is one I've only had for about 3 weeks but for some reason it has decided to really thicken up and I don't do anything halfway so when I slapped my usual thick coat on it left ugly bubbles on my otherwise lovely mani! *sniff, sniff* No worries though, I have since replaced her and moved on!
 
On to the mani... The base was 1 coat of Gayle from Julep. Oh. My. I think I moaned while putting this baby on! This polish is so gorgeous and applies like a dream! I hope all Juleps are that way because momma is in love!!! The only thing I will say is that if I would have known how pigmented she was, I would have been much more careful when I was painting because she was a real pain to get off the skin!  Here is a shot of Gayle alone and one of her mattified just for giggles!
Julep Gayle
Julep Gayle matte
 

Then I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in No Hard Feelings and stamped over Gayle with Mash plate 41. I'm loving the second set of Mash plates. I had the first set and was very disappointed because none of the full nail designs were big enough but they are so much better with the second set! Here's a couple pics of the final mani complete with air bubbles!!




Julep Gayle stamped
Julep Gayle stamped
 
I really want to try a water marble very soon but with the baby I don't usually get more than 20 minutes at a time to do my nails and I do NOT want to be interrupted in the middle of a water marble! Until next time - God bless!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I've never used Julep! always find them slightly over priced!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what u mean but since it was a one coater and it applid like a dream I thought it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it matte :) nice design.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)