Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Too Much Acetone!

Mah nails, they are a-changin'! Ugh I think I painted my nails 4 times today! I would get the base on and it would look really nice but then I would try to add some nail art of some sort and I would totally botch the whole mani even though I had a topcoat on the base, I just got frustrated and removed it all! My hands have had enough of acetone for a few hours at least! I eventually gave up and went with a base and glitter mani, lol! I actually think it turned out pretty cool, what do you think?

When I saw this Pinky Glitter by Sinful Colors in Walgreens, I had to have it - I mean, it was pink and glitter, what else can a girl ask for??
 
Sinful Colors - Pinky Glitter



 
So I was expecting that when I painted it over the black Sally Hansen Black Heart base that I would get a mostly pink shimmer. Imagine my surprise when this is what I got...
glitter mani


I apologize for the black on my cuticles - it would NOT come off!!
After I photographed the bottle and checked out the macro, it made more sense but still, where did all that pink go? Now I'm curious to try it over some other colors! Here's the macro shot if you're curious! :)
 
Oh, and hey! I finally got my Twitter account set up so come on over and follow me there or at bloglovin' too!!!! I need your validation to feel good about myself! HA!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is just gorgeous! I wish I could buy Sinful Colours in my town/country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being my first comment, woo-hoo!!! So far this has been a great brand, especially for the price!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)