Friday, September 28, 2012

Swatch And Revew Butter London & Pomegranate Lacquers

TGIF!! Woo-hoo! Can you tell I'm glad it's the weekend? I'm exhausted and I don't want to work any more! I stayed up too late last night watching Avengers - I LOVE that movie, it is hilarious. The husband and I took our 5 yr old daughter to see it in theaters and she was laughing so hard that she was the loudest one in the theater! She does that when she gets excited though and we kept having to shush her!

Today I had to swatch a couple of the polishes from this weeks haul - I still have a ton to go! I will also apologize in advance for the state of my cuticles, I have been naughty about chewing on them! That isn't helped by the fact that it is extremely dry where I live and I can't keep enough cuticle balm on them!

I swatched them a little crazy so you could see several swatches on one hand because I'm lazy like that! Also try to look past the messed up middle finger, my daughter smudged it RIGHT before I was going to take the photos and, again, too lazy to redo it! And with a very needy 12 week old baby to take care of on top of a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old, I barely have time to do my nails the first time!

On mah index finger is one coat of butter LONDON Black Knight. On mah middle finger is one coat of BK over one coat of Pomegranate Princess of Persia. Mah ring finger is sporting two thin coats of Princess of Persia while my pinky has just one coat - although it was a thicker coat!

butter LONDON and Pomegranate swatches
butter LONDON and Pomegranate swatches

I'm having really mixed emotions about Black Knight. This is my first experience with butter LONDON and I think I need to try a few more before I make broad assumptions though. This polish was incredibly thick and gloopy and hard to work with. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what. It would not even out or spread worth a darn! It also would NOT come off my cuticles although that may not be entirely the polishes fault. I have some jagged and dry skin! That being said it is GORGEOUS! It is also really nice after just one coat although two would just add to it's dimensionality. What is your experience with this polish? I have just heard so much good stuff about butter LONDON that I was sad when this wasn't what I expected!
butter LONDON Black Knight swatch


Then we have the lovely Princess of Persia from Pomegranate Lacquers. This polish was divine and a joy to work with! I can't wait to try stamping with it. I was really surpised at it's opacity after just one coat which was the pinky! This polish went on like a dream and evened itself out. It was a perfect medium thickness and a total breeze to use! I HIGHLY recommend this brand and I got this awesome polish for half off!!! What do you think? Have you used Pomegranate polishes?

Pomegranate Lacquers Princess of Persia swatch

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried my Butter London glitters yet from my Coterie order, but I have several other creme finish ones and the formula is quite nice- maybe it's the glitter formula... try some nail polish thinner!Thanks for the swatches!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)