Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waterspotted Nails

Happy Humpday - thank goodness! I'm late so I'll just list the polishes and leave you to it! This is the waterspotted design created by Cute Polish and I had to give it a try. My experience was that it was best to use room temp, filtered water and I actually used plain rubbing alcohol in a little spray bottle! Also, I first tried this with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and it would not spread out in the water so I switched to aEngland Camelot (which almost made me cry!) and it was easy peasy from there!
 
Polishes Used:
Finger Paints (unlabeled hot pink)
China Glaze Papaya Punch
Barry M Indigo ( this polish is amaaaaazing!)
Catrice Twist Of Lemon
aEngland Camelot (the ULTIMATE black polish!)
 
Waterspotted NailsWaterspotted NailsWaterspotted Nails

21 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I've seen a few of these now and this is by FAR my favourite. Damn your skills! (But not in a nasty way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cool!

    So you floated the black polish on water & made it disperse with a spritz of alcohol then dipped your finger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty much! very similar to a watermarble! Check out Cutepolish's Youtube video for more dtails! :)

      Delete
  3. This is soo pretty!! I love the bright colours. the black definitely makes it more wearable all year round. You got skillz gurl :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks lovey! I wear bright colors anyway - I hate rules! XD

      Delete
  4. This is a great look! I've seen spotted nails elsewhere but these are my favorite, because of the colourful base!
    Please, do not miss my first giveaway! I've reached 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic! LOVING those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, great work! I love the interesting patterns that emerge. I can see lots of possibilities for this technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more work than a watermarble! But it was also my first try!

      Delete
  7. This is SO amazing!!! Really freaking beautiful! Love it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love! looks beyond frickin cool & a much better version of the OPI black spotted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa my goodness! I love how yours turned out! I gave it a try today but unfortunately it just didn't work out >.<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your nails. the black really makes the bold colours underneath POP.!such an intresting design. x

    ReplyDelete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)